Friday, September 11, 2009

How I accidentally quit Runescape


When Jagex first came out with Fun Orb, like a lot of Runescape players, I checked it out. Mehh, I thought and moved on. A while back I thought I'd give it another look. A few more game had been added and a couple were pretty good. Jagex has a deal where if you already subscibe to Runescape then Fun Orb only cost a couple of bucks more, so I decide to pay the extra $2 a month and get full access. I played a couple of games like a fanatic for a couple of weeks and then left.


Well, when I say left I mean I stopped playing in Fun Orb - but I was still paying that extra $2 a month. Eventually I realized I was just throwing this money away so I decided to cancel the Fun Orb account. But wait . . . there did not seem to be a way to cancel just Fun Orb, I had to cancel both Fun Orb and Runescape at the same time. So I did, but my Runescape account was still paid up for a couple of weeks. I figured I would just sign up for RS again when time ran up .


One day I logged on and found I had been transported to Fally in a free world. Oh yah, my account had lapsed. I logged off 'cause I didn't want to deal with it just then. The next day RL was busy so I didn't sign up again then either, same with the next day.


I had a strong urge to play the game but had to wonder - was I addicted to it? Could I quit, you know, if I wanted to. I didn't really want to quit but I wanted to find out if I could. So day followed day. I would still read about updates and visit various forums, but I would not play the game.


I'm thinking of it as a break. The game had become a little boring, but I realize the reason it was boring was because I had got into the habit of doing the same old things over and over. There are lots of different ways to play RS, if and when I come back I will not play the same way I have been for the last year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If next time you wanna play Runescape the quester's way, you can count on me to show you the right path if you want. I'd be glad to actually see more people discovering this part of the game.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Chris Cunliffe said...

Hi, sorry about the off topic comment, but I didn't know how else to contact you.

I just wanted to let you know that Runescape 100 has recently relaunched their topsite! Its relaunch includes a brand new Runescape Blog category, in which a Runescape blog like yours would get quite a bit of exposure. I highly recommend joining before lots of others sites do, so you can get maximium exposure.

To check it out just Google "Runescape 100".

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home