Friday, December 14, 2007

Same old issue

Andrew Gower is the guy who created Runescape. He hates cheaters. Below are excerpts from the-man-himself in a chat site:


. . .
(MrAndrew) I wouldn't have added it, but it's the usual case of people trying to cheat forcing me to waste time on features which inconveniance everyone else
(MrAndrew) the cheating is just ridculous!
. . .
(MrAndrew) well thanks for moaning at me for stopping the cheating

(MrAndrew) I won't bother in future :-)
. . .
[00:16] (Asrock) andrew: are people that have been locked up for macroing locked up forever?

[00:16] (MrAndrew) pretty much yes asrock, I do NOT like macroing

[00:16] (MrAndrew) it's blatantly obvious when people macro

[00:17] (MrAndrew) people report macroers to me and I login and go and have a look

[00:17] (MrAndrew) well the people who hate the game just shouldn't play it! stands to reason
. . .



This all sound familiar doesn't it. Well you might be surprised WHEN he said it. Here is a hint; at the time he also said:


. . .
[23:40] (MrAndrew) had a record number of players this evening :-) I was very pleased

[23:41] (MrAndrew) I saw 3067 at once!
. . .

Yep, these are all posts from 2001.
Cheaters have been in Runescape since the VERY beginning, and Andrew Gower has been fighting them for a long, long time.
If you are curious, look here: http://gowerarchive.googlepages.com/communications

1 Comments:

Blogger chespio said...

hi knifestorm! really nice posts!
just asking, are you leave the game? we will see more of your post?

regardas.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home