Thursday, October 04, 2007

Varrock Achievement Armor

It took me longer to get the level 2 achievement armor than I had thought it would. I'm not a big fan of Runescape cats, so doing the cat related stuff was a chore. But I finally got the armor and gave it a quick try.

The armor is supposed to help you mine by sometimes giving you 2 ores instead of 1. This works, but it only happens about 4% of the time. Not much, but it is still worth wearing the stuff whenever mining.

The second thing the armor does is let you use the forge in Edgeville which sometimes gives you 2 bars instead of 1. This forge is nice and close to the bank but the door is always closed so it requires one more click than the ghost town forge. Unfortunately, the 2 for 1 thing with bars does not happen very often(I'm guessing it is also about 4% of the time). I think I will go to Edgevile when making steel or gold bars, but use other places for other metals.

Lastly the armor is supposed to make you smith faster sometime. This works as advertised but, again, only every once in a while. One cool thing is that the hammering sound also happens faster when the advantage occurs. I never minded the speed of smithing but I hate how long it takes to make cannon balls - - - but the armor does NOT help you in any way when making cannon balls.

So . . . I plan on using the armor whenever I go mining, use the Edgevile forge when I need to make a bunch of steal bars, and not worry about the armor at any other time. Its not bad, and it is certainly better than the jungle gloves you get for Karamja.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marked For Life Limited said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Metiphisto569 said...

I personally see a HUGE difference while making cannon balls

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home