Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Forcing Randoms

I'm part of a clan which is trying to get up and running. We had a meeting in an out of the way room and about ten members attended. We chated, conducted clan business, and used the emote animation more than I have ever seen; but what I wanted to mention here is the randoms.

The meeting took a little over 30 minutes and I had three random events: two dwarves and one mysterious man. I could see that other members attending the meeting were also getting a bunch of randoms : genies, swarms, killer chickens etc.
What's going on here?

Was the Jagex machine sending us randoms just because we were standing around talking? Were they checking to see if there was a human at the controls? Do they want to discourage these sort of chat sessions? Why don't I see this many random events happening to the folks who stand around outside banks?

Hmm. . . could you use this to somehow force random events?

1 Comments:

Blogger aly. said...

I've done more than my share of standing in one spot, and the randoms strike everytime. Meetings or otherwise. Even ducking into the Varrock main bank's basement to placate a guy via private chat has a slew of randoms descending. Perhaps they think it suspicious, but whatever the case, no one's immune.

It's enough of a tool, anyway (: I've had organised trips with friends just to stand around and do absolutely nothing but talk for twenty minutes or more. We haven't yet been disappointed. Step two: identify the places most susceptible...

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home